Trader Incentives [WOO HOO] - Brainstorming!

I’ll reply to everything over the weekend, but I wanted to bump an item that could be part of the short-term solution you’re looking for – rabbithole.gg. It was mentioned in two separate threads on our governance forum, but got little more than lip service from the community (myself included):

However, in the Trader Incentive Discussion @tenzent, @tfns and @glenn all did voice their support for a rabbithole quest. They’re smart cookies!

Recently, I noticed that AAVE approved a grant to create a quest. I read through the post, replies and explored rabiithole, and I agree with my esteemed colleagues that this could be a great, low-cost and minimal dev-resource experiment. @issabobissa, please take a look and let us know what you think.

FWIW, I would wholeheartedly support a grant similar to AAVE as a short-term solution to find new users. If we went with USD $50,000 we should be able to track various KPIs such as cost per new customer acquisition, etc.

EDIT: Thinking more about this, the use of rabbithole should also allow us to do some customer segmentation through the use of specific quests. which I provide a very rough draft for below.

Liqudity Providers:

• add TKN liquidity from a CEX
  • add BNT liquidity from a CEX
  • add BNT liquidity from a wallet such as MM

Traders generally for my being too lazy to segment them atm though I’m going to default to lowest common denominator of CEX clients we want to lure away from CEXes:

• Add TKN from a CEX
  • Swap TKN for another asset (perhaps BNT? wBTC to show people educate how to earn interest on BTC not just buy BTC to hodl)
  • Place a limit order
  • Sell vBNT for leverage, etc.

Governance:

• Participate on Bancor governance forum
  • Stake vBNT to vote
  • Vote vBNT

New User

• Deposit via fiat gateway
3 Likes