Proposal to Increase Co investment for LRC to 300,000 BNT

To be posted to Snapshot June 14 2021

Loopring (LRC) is already white listed by the Bancor DAO. However, the pool seems to be too small to bring trade volume:

The pool also has no available LRC space.

Current trading volume as per CMC is:

Their Uniswap pool has 2M in liquidity generating 170,000 in daily volume.

I hope that this will bring volume aware from CEX exchanges and Uniswap

Appending Here - Tenzent

2 Likes

Calling all DAO members:

I’m not good at writing proposals. I understand that. In addition, if someone wants to re-write this, I will be thrilled!

Proposal writing aside, increasing the co investment here is a no brainer and I strongly hope my sub-par proposal doesn’t stop this from happening.

3 Likes

I don’t mind doing it tomorrow as it’s late for me right now but I would reccomend lowering the co-investment to 300K BNT as that will already be enough to make us the largest pool :

2 Likes

Thank you sir (tho to be honest I would prefer 800k, but we can always make another prop later) If you write the prop - feel free to put whatever you are comfortable with.

2 Likes

I’m in agreement with my colleague; 300k is a much easier ask. I prefer to move slow.

1 Like

Great research as always eldude. Looks like an underperforming pool that with a few tweaks can improve a lot.

2 Likes

I agree with @tenzent on the Co-investment Limit (300K). We can always re-evaluate in the future if the APRs are good and the space is filled completely on the TKN side.

1 Like

Changed to 300k @glenn @tenzent @ccc

Thank you all for the feedback

1 Like

Co-Invest Loopring (LRC)

TLDR;

• This Proposal seeks to increase the Co-Investment Limit on the Loopring (LRC) Pool by 300k BNT. Making us the largest DEX pool.
  • It will open up space on the TKN side (LRC) and potentially lead to an increase in the depth of the pool as LPs add liquidity.
  • A larger LRC pool will attract more trades from aggregators and make us able to handle higher amount trades.

Abstract

Loopring is one of the top 100 Tokens on the Ethereum network and sees a good amount of volume from top CEXs. Increasing the size of our pool will make us the largest pool in the DEX Space and also possibly see some of the volume move from the Centralized Space into Bancor.

Motivation

The current pool of LRC has remained relatively full since its inception. In order to become a top DEX we should want all the top pools for all the top tokens and LRC will continue to be a top 100 token.

Current CEX Pools.

For

1. A larger co-investment limit on the pool will let LPs provided single sided liquidity and will lead to an increase in pool depth.
  2. More liquidity in the LRC-BNT pool should lead to larger volume from DEX aggregators and professional market makers sent in our direction

Against

1. We should not increase the limit on the pool
  2. We do not need extra liquidity in our platform to support larger trades
2 Likes

Sorry I took so long, I’m in Bolivia right now traveling all around small villages so I haven’t had much internet connection. Also I appended my post into the top post hope you don’t mind @eldude

2 Likes

Mind? Are you nuts? I super appreciate it!

2 Likes