Add LM rewards for Rook - Bnt

Really at this point all the focus should be on attracting large cap, blue chip, high value projects with great teams and investment partners. Badger and now Rook do no not fit this bill they are smaller cap and unproven by comparison.

In the long term its those high value projects which have the potential to bring in the big volume. We’ve done a great job so far with chainlink let’s do the same for similar projects.

5 Likes

Crazy that there are so many people attacking my rook proposals… and so little votes against them, innit?

Almost like it’s one person making tons of accounts…

And I’m a psychopath? Kek.

Almost like it’s one person making tons of accounts…

Could be. Wouldn’t be surprised given your aggressive tactics

And I’m a psychopath? Kek.

Interesting you should find this funny messiah. Stop trying to exploit the protocol for your own capital gain.

I’m in the camp that believes bancor should do what it can to nurture relationships with up and coming blue chip projects.

By doing this, we are able to capture the long tail. As these projects grow (incubated in a sense by bancor), we will capture their communities / volume / liquidity.

IF we instead just focus on listing all existing blue chips… then we lack selection and growth opportunity…

It’s ok that people disagree with me here. There are those who do agree.

This is why we have a voting process.

Also, I want to address this statement: “he’s just getting shit he owns passed through for his own gain”.

Have you not considered that my area of expertise is value investing? That I believe I hold some of the up and coming blue chips?

In addition to this, I’m already deeply rooted in and connected with these communities. So i can leverage that to grow these pools quickly.

Rook is a testament to this… #10 on bancor by volume and #13 on bancor by liquidity… in less than a week! That’s hypergrowth.

It’s the low hanging fruit!

Some things I’m considering proposing in the near future: Hegic (i have a bag), Combo (don’t own), Duck (don’t own).

I believe that you are ruthless and that you will exploit any system for personal gain.

Bnt is my biggest bag… by a lot.

And you’re right about one thing. I am ruthless.

I will do w/e it takes to grow bancor… so we can all enjoy the fruits of that success.

It’s that pride messiah that you exude. Ruthless, cunning, pride. You feel no shame. You are audacious. You will do anything it takes to succeed, even to the point of ramming through damaging proposals, so long as they benefit you.

Seeing that bnt is my largest position… by a lot…

Wouldn’t it make sense from a game theory perspective that I do things as a value add to that position?

That’s exactly what my mission is. To grow bancor. That is what benefits me the most from a financial perspective.

And i would hardly call my voting power “ramming through”…

There are people with higher voting weight than myself who have helped pass these proposals… reaching 40% quorum on whitelisting was no easy task!

Like how can i be “damaging” bancor… hurting your position… when your position is also my position, and I’m trying to grow my position.

That makes zero sense! Come on!

Actions speak louder than words. You can think what you want, but I would encourage you to keep a close eye on me moving forward. I would imagine that time will convince you that my intentions are good.

I think my work is done here. Much has been revealed.

Vote no.

:handshake: thanks for the engaging discussion.

Hmm. Why are things getting so personal in here? Isn’t the purpose of a DAO provide a mechanism to promote or deny proposals based on their merit. Cryptomessiah can create proposals all day, even if he has a large stack he can’t get quorum on his own, so what’s the problem?

2 Likes

I will be voting against this proposal in a similar manner to the badger proposal. It is too soon for LM rewards to be given to this pool since it only got whitelisted a few weeks ago. We need more data (preferably 3 months minimum) before the community can make an informed decision on this pool.

3.9 mil votes for rook. It feels like we are being raided and looted right now. It doesn’t inspire much confidence in the project

Once again, crazy how there are so many 3d old accounts on gov forums bashing this proposal… yet voting tells a different story ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

@glenn If we were to wait 3 months on everything to collect data, we could miss our growth window (alt season)

I believe that we should give LM rewards to several things to blow new pools up… and then re-evaluate if rewards are still needed after 3months. Having rewards for 3 months means that people farm while simultaneously building IL protection.

When rewards are pulled, the IL protection should be enough to ensure stickiness of liquidity.

Edit to add:
There seems to be a group of people who are concerned about LM rewards / inflation devaluing their bnt value…

I don’t think scarcity is the main component to the valuation of bnt. Increased revenue / value accrual to the bnt token should more than make up for the inflation introduced by LM… if it doesn’t, then rewards should be pulled.

Good examples of rewards that should be pulled are renbtc, ren, ocean, wnxm, IMO. I’m not sure that the increased revenue on these tokens outweighs the cost of inflation.

Yea, its obviously an attempt to loot the platform. @Cryptomessiah is attemting to run a scam here.

@mbr I highly recommend you look into the on chain activity with this vote. Something doesn’t seem right.

I think the team has enough voting power to overturn this. Adding LM on illiquid microcaps is dangerous. Governance should probably consider this proposal invalid. It should have never been pushed on chain.

Something doesn’t seem right… because… checks notes… the majority of people disagree with you?

Ok. LOL.

Btw, Rook is almost 500m cap… would hardly call that a microcap.

Why is the discussion so personal in here? Messiah brought a lot of information and due diligence for this proposal and I think it definitely warrants a discussion for the benefits for Bancor and BNT holders but some of the hostility and accusations have been absolutely wild and are not a good look for our community.

1 Like

It warrants due diligence and discussion before pushing on chain, which didn’t happen.

This is an obvious scam effort. How come props for more reputable coins (UNI, GRT) are failing, but Rook shitcoin is passing?!

Collusion. that’s all. they bought up coins to try to force a quorom and get their free money. It’s so obviously a scam.

Right…

So I scammed bancor into another 1m+ usd daily volume and 14m of liquidity…

And now, I’m scamming bancor into potentially even more liquidity and volume (Uniswap rook/eth is still doing 6m usd / day… we can capture that if we eclipse uni’s liquidity)…

Yes man. That’s why you tried to push illiquid shitcoin dBadger. You just want to print free money for yourself. It’s obvious.

You are getting hardcore dissent because what you are doing appears illegitimate. Why aren’t you interested in GRT or UNI?

Because you can’t manipilate those pools. Scammer.