Trader Incentives [WOO HOO] - Brainstorming!

Key Take Away: Rebates must always be less than the revenue they generated or else this opens us up to exploitability and unprofitability. Either this or a Hard Cap on how much BNT can be rebated at a time for a campaign.

@eldude, you are correct I moved it.

Also figured this should probably be added here - It’s a No on Gas Rebates :

I Recommend everyone to read through the entirety of the Previous discussion as well so we don’t argue similar things.

Also, Previously we had an NFT Competition but it had little impact though it was very cheap to do (which is why we did it).

I Really Like Incentives based on Trading Volume : Giving a small % rebate back on trades that makes economic sense would be a great incentive so long as it’s marketed and pushed out well. This % Could also have a flat cap amount. Tweaking this slightly I think it should be based on the fees paid to Liquidity Providers, a lot of pools have different fee structures so we should take into account how much revenue they’ve generated for the protocol and then rebate a small amount of that back, this would make the most sense.

On a side-note, UMA does a something called KPI Options where people can get rewarded for certain metrics, We could build such an option in collaboration that would only pay out should traders meet certain criteria like Volume. This could also just be airdropped to high frequency traders, and would be a constant reminder in their wallet that if they were trading on Bancor they could cash in a bonus after a certain amount of time. We could also create a pool for such an option that high frequency traders could then buy these incentives from, basically like committing to trade a certain amount.

Also, @issabobissa If we want to do a % Inflation based on revenue thats fine, but another idea would be to have a set amount of BNT to be split proportionally between all people that trade during a certain amount of time. this is what Balancer does currently for their top pairs. They vote consecutively altering the bounty.

Here is a link to that also : BAL for Gas - Balancer V1

Balancer’s Volume - Incentives Initiated 7th of March

It’s worth noting that the following two months were huge months for all AMMs (our chart looks very similar) so they are not representative of this campaign.

This could be abused if there’s no cap on it, for example, I could trade a million dollars a million times between stables and rug the protocol. It’s important that the rebate is less than the revenue given to the protocol. edit : if the revenue is less than the rebate even if there’s a cap on it someone can create a thousand wallets and do the same thing.

Interesting Idea, so the LM Rewards or I guess Trade Mining Rewards are split proportionally between all the wallets that contributed volume.

3 Likes