Proposal to deploy Carbon in Arbitrum

To provide an update here, since this was posted Carbon DeFi is now lived on multiple blockchains that are EVM compatible including Coinbase Base, Fantom, and Mantle. These are deployments that are owned by other groups and they each have their own branding.

In addition, recently the DAO voted to launch Carbon DeFi on Sei v2 and you can read about that proposal here (Proposal to Deploy CarbonDefi on the Upcoming SEI V2). I personally supported this proposal as the reasons provided makes me believe that Sei wants to have us there. Personally, I wrote a Twitter thread (x.com) publicly about my support for the proposal and received a lot of support from the Sei community. Also, more importantly, I think SEI v2 could unlock the design space for future iterations of the protocol which to me is very exciting.

Regarding Arbitrum, I agree with Steven in that we have to be strategic about where we launch and need good reasons for doing so as there is overhead involved with having another deployment in another Blockchain that we need to consider. Graphene is moving very quickly with their deployments on other blockchains and they also announced that they will be launching on Arbitrum per the Twitter thread that Steven posted. The goal I think should be ultimately to have Carbon DeFi on all major EVM compatible L1s and L2s and I think Arbitrum is not out of the question.

For now, I think it is better to archive this proposal as there hasn’t been much discussion.

1 Like