This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on 2021-11-14T12:00:00Z. Make sure to stake your vBNT for voting before this date and time to participate in the DAO decision.
- This proposal seeks to increase the Co-investment limit to 700K BNT for the $MPH pool from the current 350K $BNT co-investment.
- It will open up space for LPs on the TKN side ($MPH) and increase the depth of the pool as LPs add liquidity
- A larger $MPH pool will attract more trades from aggregators and professional market makers to Bancor which ultimately leads to more fees for our platform.
- A larger co-investment limit on the pool will let LPs provide single-sided liquidity and will lead to an increase in pool depth
- More liquidity in the MPH-BNT pool should lead to larger volume from DEX aggregators and professional market makers sent in our direction
- More volume for Bancor leads to more fees for our platform and $BNT holders
- We should not increase the limit on the pool.
There are currently ~438K $BNT and ~27.5K $MPH tokens in the BNT-MPH pool. This has resulted in a pool that has roughly ~3.8M in liquidity. At the moment, LPs on the TKN side ($MPH) can’t provide single-sided liquidity since there is no capacity. This proposal seeks to increase the $MPH pool’s single-sided capacity by increasing the Co-investment limit to 700K $BNT.
If we want to attract more MPH LPs to Bancor, we need to open up space in the pool so that they can provide single-sided liquidity. This would allow us to grow the liquidity in the pool and attract larger trades towards our platform which ultimately results in higher fees for Bancor.
The top pool for MPH is on Sushiswap and it is paired with ETH. Pool depth is roughly ~3.58M and we should be able to make the Bancor pool deeper to support larger trades with low price impact:
Currently, the Bancor pool has no space available and LPs can’t provide single-sided liquidity on the TKN side (MPH). I am proposing a 700K Co-investment limit for the MPH pool which should open up roughly $1.4M in additional single-sided liquidity (assuming BNT price at $4.00). If this pool fills up completely, we would have a pool that’s roughly ~7M in depth and be more competitive with the suhiswap pool.