With Uniswap’s V3 upgrade (i.e concentrated liquidity), are there plans to integrate something similar/better to stay competitive?
or put different. is there a more specific roadmap for 2021?
V3 is actually not all it’s cracked out to be. It alienates noobs and creates a space for institutions and bots to dominate the market.
Here’s a list of coming up features, You can read more on specifics on this blog post : https://blog.bancor.network/bancor-progress-update-march-2020-73007ed5a03a
" Meanwhile, development in the core offering is moving faster than ever. This update covers recent progress and upcoming plans, including:
- Full Vortex: With phase one of the Vortex roll-out complete, the next step towards Full Vortex is the introduction of a flat protocol fee that uses swap fees to buy and burn vBNT. (Target: 1–2 weeks)
- Gasless Voting: The vote to transition DAO operations to Snapshot was approved, with gasless voting expected to go live next week.
- Shadow Tokens: A new pool design will allow for limitless stablecoin pools, with minimal impermanent loss.
- Origin Pools: A collateralized token launch system to support DeFi gems on the Bancor Network is in the final design stages. Origin pools are designed to offer an IL-protected liquidity solution to new token projects without exposing the protocol to excessively high risk.
- Fiat Ramp: Users can now exchange between Fiat currencies and ETH directly on the bancor.network web app, via the MoonPay payments infrastructure.
- Limit Orders: Strategic integration with KeeperDAO will permit limit-order functionality to be introduced to Bancor AMMs.
- Trader Incentives and UX: A trader-centric user experience is being developed for the explicit purpose of increasing Bancor’s volume share, and profitability for liquidity providers. The new UX will coincide with the launch of a limited trading incentives program to encourage the DeFi community to use Bancor’s new swap features.
- New LM pools: ROOK, UNI, ALPHA, GRT, ENJ, MATIC were approved to each receive 12 weeks of BNT rewards. Collectively, the pools have attracted so far more than $170M in locked value.
- L2 Arbitrum: Mainnet is fast approaching and Chainlink recently featured Bancor as a key DeFi app that will integrate Chainlink price feeds on Arbitrum to power new pool designs.
- Rewards Re-staking: Over $161M in BNT rewards have been paid to LPs, with 78% of rewards ($126M) re-staked to the protocol by LPs, providing crucial capital to the protocol and allowing users to compound their yield.
- BNTEE.shop : Bancor announced the grand opening of its apparel shop, with three t-shirts based on bonding curves. As of this writing, one BNTEE is worth over $7,000.
- Listings : FTX, Coinbase New York, Crypto.com Staking, Blockfolio Trading
- DeFi Rankings : Top 10 by TVL (DeFi Pulse), Top 5 by Fees (Cryptofees.info)"
I don’t think we want to compete with UniV3 - it seems we are diverging in our products here, and are appealing to entirely different demographics.
Being an LP on V3 is a full-time job. The concentrated liquidity idea is addressing capital efficiency; we have other ideas for addressing this, that don’t require its users to be professional market makers.
Thanks for the response. Is the plan to release features planned and completed month by month only? Is there a further looking roadmap or vision of bancor? I found this, but it’s words from a VC.
Understand Uniswap V3 not aligned to Bancor’s goals. My concern is more on how we keep/attract traders. Not sure if we should’ve so quick to ignore bots as they are the ones bringing in volume, thus trade fees.
We are not ignoring bots - but remember, bots are mostly arbitrage trade volume, which is not profitable (in general). To the trader, v3 is nothing special. All DEX offerings will look more or less the same. Uniswap v3 is mostly about attracting market makers, it is not specifically targetting traders, bots or otherwise.