Thoughts on GTC?

So I got some $GTC because I have supported projects in the past.

I see the great volume/liquidity on Uniswap so I want that volume here.

On one hand, legit project with real community.

On the other hand, new coins can have crazy IL.

On the other hand, they are doing great for UNI right now.

On the other hand, there is a tiny pool on Bancor, and its got great APRs.

On the other hand, maybe now isnt a good time to post.

On the other hand, maybe its a GREAT time to post, when voting participation is likely to be active.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

3 Likes

I don’t see why the community wouldn’t support whitelisting this token. In fact, there has already been some offline support from other members about doing so. I encourage you to bring up a whitelisting proposal following our guidelines.

2 Likes

If there are no valid security concerns, I also agree with whitelisting this token.

1 Like

I agree with a whitelisting aswell, @eldude if you want someone else to do it let me know and I’d be more than willing to do the write up. Also I donated quite a lot to gitcoin rounds so I have a good bit of GTC.

3 Likes

NICE! I’m sure a proposal you write will be 10x better than mine.

1 Like

A word of advice, when you’re talking about a token, in general it’s best to mention the full name of it at least once if someone else hasn’t, or link to the project’s website the first time you reference them, again if someone else hasn’t already; I just spent too much time searching for which GTC you were talking about, having to match the icon from the image you posted. I’m not trying to be rude, it’s simply a point of etiquette. :slightly_smiling_face: (The project is GitCoin, by the way.)

As for what I think about it, absolutely, I would totally support whitelisting this, and we should make use of it; it enables us to pay developers, and we need them!

2 Likes

Hey CCC - Point well taken. Will do that moving forward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The tiny pool that is live is actually doing well.

1 Like

A proposal has been posted by @tenzent to whitelist gitcoin.

For future reference, if you go to coinmarketcap or coingecko and search for the token ticker symbol there, it should be sufficiently simple to find the project I believe.

1 Like