TLDR: subsidise cefi withdraw, be the landing pad for defi, profit!
Floating the idea to this community for discussion. Could we feasibly subsidise bnt withdrawals from central finance sites (ie. coinbase/binance) so it’s cheaper for people to withdraw bnt?
- if a new person is foraying into the world of defi, this is incentive for them to come in, this is bancors marketing target group, someone beginning to learn about IL
- starting with Bnt, they can go almost to anywhere else in the eth ecosystem
- importantly if they started with bnt as a base bancor will have the cheapest trade
- it drains bnt supply from cefi
How, will need devs to tell us if this is possible:
- look at wallet transactions, if it has bnt from a cefi address airdrop a subsidised amount to them.
- alternatively, when they do their first trade on bancor (ie. +3 bnt on any trade they make)
This can be extended to people using other defi ramps like moonpay.
- people abusing this subsidy by sending multiple bnt from defi.
- would like to hear more reasons for against as well.
- ensure its lower than cefi withdraw fees
- we can also have a daily 100 limit to start to limit the risk.
Interested to see what the bancor community thinks about this.