Proposal: Increase Co-Investment Limit on WOO to 750k BNT

Proposal: Increase Co-Investment Limit on WOO to 750k BNT

This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on 2021-06-21T12:00:00Z. Make sure to stake your vBNT for voting BEFORE this date and time to participate in the DAO decision.

In order to pass, this proposal requires 35% quorum, 66.7% supermajority.

The WOOBNT pool has undoubtedly been a success for the protocol. The synergy between the projects and the community is one we should aim to have with more projects in the future.

The WOO community has been asking about a co-investment increase on the WOOBNT pool to open up space.

Discussion has been happening on Debate: Increase Co-investment Limit on WOO (from 500k BNT), some comments:

• Most agree on an increase on an increase of the co-investment limit to 750k BNT.
  • A simultaneous fee increase discussion resulted in most agreeing to keep it at the same % after feedback from @BenYorke from the WOO team.

Some points to consider:

• On the 10th of June, the WOOBNT pool had the #2 highest volume, the #2 highest APR and the #14 highest liquidity in the protocol.
  • At the moment, the WOOBNT pool has the #9 highest volume, #15 highest APR (of the WL pools) and the #14 highest liquidity in the protocol.
  • The pool can cover trades of around 100k WOO with price impact <1%.
  • Pool liquidity is the deepest in any DEX right now.
  • The co-investment limit was increased to 500k last month [1].
  • LM rewards are a fixed amount/week for the pool, so increasing liquidity will dilute the APY (currently at 9.60% for WOO side and 60.23% for BNT side).
  • Increasing liquidity in the pool decreases price impact on larger trades but also dilutes the APR from swap fees if no extra volume is brought due to it (currently at 6.63%).

Figure 1 - Pool depth on Uniswap, SushiSwap and Bancor (provided by @glenn)

Key Dates (when the proposals were put up for vote)

• 27/04/2021: WL proposal [2]
  • 10/05/2021: Increase Co-investment to 500k BNT [1]
  • 24/05/2021: Active LM rewards [3]

Voting

For

Increase WOO/BNT co-investment limit to 750k BNT.

Against

Keep WOO/BNT co-investment limit at 500k BNT.

References

[1] Proposal: Increase Co-Investment Limit on WOO to 500k BNT
[2] Proposal to whitelist WOO
[3] Proposal: Activate LM rewards for WOO

5 Likes

Co-Investments are generally not too high risk on credible projects.and the only problem with most of the proposed co-invests is knowing if we can fill them. We can most certainly fill this, it’s quite probable it’ll immediatly get eaten up since the WOO community hounds the pool like rabbid dogs (in the best way possible) it was very hard to get some of my own WOO in the pool lol. This is a resounding YES from me.

6 Likes

FOR! This is a no brainer. To me, WOO serves as the example of what the sort of community we should want to bring into the Bancor ecosystem.

5 Likes

FOR.

Let’s get this done!

3 Likes

Seconded on the rabid dogs post. Don’t see too many downsides here. Wootrade team will keep pushing to increase the trade volume for the token on DeFi.

I will vote FOR

6 Likes

I’m FOR.

WOO+Bancor=Awesome

4 Likes

A big YES.

I can’t wait to get my woo into the pool.I have failed on all my attempts

5 Likes

Been waiting for WOO pool to open but never any space. It is at a premium as other top pools on Bancor. Will be voting for this proposal as Woo is a great community and will promote staking and liquidity on Bancor.

3 Likes