Debate: Increase Co-Investment Limit on WOO

Debate: Increase Co-Investment Limit on WOO

• Top DEX pools are WOO/USDC and WOO/WETH on Uniswap with a liquidity/volume of $942,109/$172,922 and $12,968,233/$4,410,980 respectively.
  • Currently, the Wootrade community isn’t LPing on Bancor because the pool is full and needs 20k BNT to be staked to open up space.
  • If we want to get some decent liquidity, I believe a coinvestment of 250k BNT is a good number, but open to debate.
  • Wootrade has rewarded Uniswap and Sushiswap with WOO LM reward . A similar situation could happen with Bancor if we can bring their community over.
  • Pool has been accruing fees at an APR of around 2-6% for the past days.
  • The potential for a Bancor integration on the Wootrade platform is a good incentive to bring their community over. They seem to be informed on IL and have asked about LPing here multiple times.
  • Ben Yorke, part of Wootrade’s team, has mentioned they would like to help drive volume and liquidity to potentially get the community to vote for LM rewards.

If this gets a positive response, I’ll draft a proposal.

3 Likes

It would be great if we could support this natively in Bancor as there have been other projects that want to incentivize their BNT-TKN pools but are not able to at the moment. I think this is quite the pain point for LPs as they have to chose LPing without any rewards on Bancor or on Uniswap/Sushiswap where those projects are incentivizing those pools.

I think we want to have higher liquidity than sushiswap but not necessarily as high as uniswap.

I would say go higher and start at 500K so that we can have a ~7M pool when it fills up completely. This should be able to support some of the volume that Uniswap has seen in the past 30 days (roughly 6M daily average):

2 Likes

I support WOO and they’re community and team members have a clear interest in Us aswell. perhaps we could speak to the team to a join LM event to go a long with the co-investment. the LM on our side would assure more TKN side opens up as BNT owners gravitate towards LM pairs

4 Likes

I’ve asked about this before and was told that the feature will be available soon.

500K sounds reasonable. A proposal for LM rewards after would then depend on pool performance.

4 Likes

If they have an interest in us (we clearly have an interest in them) then it seems prudent to open up more space for them in our pool. I’d vote for it.

This is a good starting point.

1 Like

Yes, this proposal already passed.

Well I feel silly, completely neglecting to read the times on the posts. :sweat_smile: But to be fair it was pretty high up in the “latest” tab. :confused: I’m growing concerned that there’s not enough movement on these forums lately; is that reasonable?

1 Like

there is a pending proposal to activate LM rewards for WOO though… not the same thing of course, but related. As to your concern on far as not a lot of movement on the forum, I would tend to agree.