Proposal: Increase Co-Investment Limit in the BAT pool by 400K BNT

This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on 2021-09-12T12:00:00Z. Make sure to stake your vBNT for voting before this date and time to participate in the DAO decision.

The BAT pool is full!

This is a bluechip! I see no reason not to increase the co investment.

FOR - Increase the co-investment by 400,000 BNT
Against - Take no action

2 Likes

FYI, the BAT-BNT pool has a 2M co-investment limit similar to all the other blue chips that we have on our platform. Note that this is also the deepest BAT pool across all DEXes combined (almost 4x-5x as large):

I am not sure we will get much by making this bigger and could potentially dilute the APRs for the current LPs.

1 Like

I dont see much risk in a larger coinvestment.

I also think no room is a problem. If we want the BAT community to feel welcome at Bancor, we need o give them some room to stake.

You’re right about APRs, but these things find equlib…whatever the word is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to re-do liquidity mining rewards? Not sure if it will get passed but one big argument against was the fact there was room for BAT holders. No longer true. I think LM rewards + co-investment increase would grow BAT pool if we are looking for a larger pool size. Not sure if we are or need to, but interesting thoughts

1 Like

It will be pretty hard I think for the community to vote for LM rewards on this pool. We are already the deepest pool by quite a large amount due to the initial LM rewards which helped with bootstrapping it.

The LM rewards didn’t pass because the fees weren’t quite there for this pool. I don’t think they will pass this time around unless there is some potential integration between both of our communities. Do you have any thoughts about integrations with Brave/BAT?

1 Like

BAT is set to release their native wallet similar to Metamask. I’m sure there could be some integration between Bancor / BAT when this is set up. BAT has 36+ Million users and will grow when the wallet is released. If there could be a staking part of the wallet, where BAT users stake in Wallet but really are providing Liquidity and earning fees with Bancor

2 Likes

Its complicated to restart after they already stopped.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this information. We do have a post on the Brave forums regarding this integration:

I am still not sure if they are going to be using aggregators strictly or also DEXes directly. Bancor is already listed directly on metamask and other wallets which means that it would be detrimental for BAT to not integrate Bancor since we do have the deepest pools for a large amount of tokens (including $BAT itself).

2 Likes