Add Liquidity Mining rewards for BAT

Proposal to Activate LM Rewards on Token (TKN)

This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on Monday 3rd May 2021 at 12:00 pm UTC.

TL;DR

• Appears there is strong support to add $2M of BNT co-investment to grow the BAT pool.
  • Adding LM rewards will incentivize the switch from other DEXes to move to Bancor.
  • BAT is one of the largest pools that hasn’t benefitted from LM. Adding the $2M co-investment and LM will grow this pool into a good size quickly.

Justification

BAT is a strong token that doesn’t offer any innate staking ability for token holders. Providing LM will grow this pool quickly and help fill the new space created if the co-investment passes.

3 Likes

HI @Rossomca,

I was the original author for the co-investment increase Proposal: Increase Co-investment Limit to 1M BNT on AMP Pool proposal that is currently being voted on. I think it is probably wise for us to wait for a few weeks (assuming that the vote passes) to give the BAT community the opportunity to grow their pool organically via single sided staking. This will allow BAT holders to show the Bancor community that they are interested in making Bancor their home. If the pool grows to a healthy level and has good volume then that would give us a strong case to bring up LM rewards activation for BAT and also a higher probability that the DAO will vote favorably in passing this proposal.

5 Likes

It’s a nice idea. After the increase in co-investment, maybe we can reach out to the BAT team and cooperate with them, prior to the LM proposal.

3 Likes

This will be up for voting on April 29th, not March, right?

1 Like

I edited it for him. Lets shoot for the 3rd May? Votes starting on Monday has worked well, I think.

5 Likes

Thank you MBR! Appreciate your help

1 Like