Proposal for Bancor Call options

I will look into that today and try to get somthing in here showing that

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vSEMURxiVQuu6jSDp2zmI7kdKKaJjgmhWNiVjwStyJekDx9hWgclKzm_yv9iyj82IRP4d9dZ8rgvCCB/pubhtml#

@eldude here is a link that should answer some questions for you. You could also go to are discord if you would like, and get answers from are guys on the wen-options channel

@eldude here are the current numbers:

BAL right now: $65K with 7500 BAL locked ($400k value locked)
UMA - $4.5M in liquidity with 900k $UMA locked ($22M valued locked)
UNI - $190k in liquidity with 32.5k UNI ($1.35M valued locked)
SUSHI - 77.8k SUSHI (1.16M valued locked)

In my attempt to have one day a week to not look at Discord/Slack/Emails I missed this. I successfully had a relax day so there is a small win.

I’d actually love to join the next community call to run through the details and chat to your wider community.

Added to that, we are happy to do what is needed to seed the pool. What should we do next on our side?

@mbr Is it possible for us to give the UMA folks a small time slot in the next community call to discuss this proposal?

2 Likes

We actually had some people on the call, you guys just sounded super busy lol, we can discuss whenever you guys would like.

1 Like

Thanks! Three more questions:

1. How is the volume for these?
  2. How many BNT are you requesting be minted?
  3. Is it possible to do this without minting new BNT?
2 Likes

Happy to jump in here. Chandler from the UMA team, also working with Clayton.

1. Volume here is dependant on the demand for your options. If people think the option is valuable they will buy them - so a signal mechanism for the demand of your token. If you sell a bunch of these options you can either (i) sell your token today for a premium in the case the options are in the money at expiry or (ii) earn some premium for contracts that expire out the money. A call option is pretty useful for a treasury to use its assets in a smarter way.

2. Going to leave this one to you guys, since the number of options you create will depend on how much you are keen to work with. @Hagz48 gave some numbers on what other teams have done but the choice is up to the team.

3. Yes, you can, not overly sure what BNT you have available for something like this though.

1 Like

If there is anything else we can do or any other questions please feel free to ask

Chandler is one of the UMA gurus who can also be reached on UMAs wen-options channel

Can you give some estimation of volume? What volume do you see on other options?

2 Likes

I will find examples for you today, sorry yesterday was pretty busy for me

1. The first call option token built on @umaprotocol settled last Friday. It was a call on $UMA with a $35 strike (UMAc35-0421) that expired worthless. I tallied up some trading stats and have some observations to share…

I hope this answers some of the questions you asked, my finance has, a list of them I left a link in previous comment

If you have any other questions, or if there is anything else I cannhelp you with ,please feel free to ask, looking forward to working with Bancor.