Proposal for Bancor Call options

1 Like

Adding some links that might prove useful to others:

BAL and UNI Join The Call Options Party
uLABS: Building Call Options on UMA (Part 1)

1 Like

These are great articles for further research on Call Options.

1 Like

I appreciate the Bancor community allowing some of us Super UMAns to come over and chat it up and answer any questions. There was a really good discussion and I believe most, if not all, questions were answered if anyone would like to check out the convo.

1 Like

UMAs Call options and KPI options would both fit into what Bancor is trying to do. Call options would give Bancor proticol users another financial tool

https://link.medium.com/zmfBsGeNSfb

This is a quick read, that explians Call Options a bit further

Hi team Bancor! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for hosting UMA in the Options Channel the other night. It was a pleasure discussing some of the details about how the process flows. Not to mention, getting to meet new peeps and learning more myself about the Bancor Network.

Hope to see the TVL of both projects break more ground. Geoff.

2 Likes

Some folks from our end have hinted at having UMA on for one of our community calls. Is that something that we can work with the UMA community to organize? The Bancor community call is on Sunday at 1:00 PM UTC and we should be able to invite folks from UMA to discuss this proposal.

Question for the community: How do we feel about minting BNT to pay for something that won’t be on the Bancor webapp?

Also, call options on BNT are fine. But they would be WAY cooler on vBNT.

But still, not sure this is a great use of BNT minting.

Yess, but are those options not on UMA’s site? Why would BNT be needed to pay?

https://link.medium.com/zmfBsGeNSfb

This link will explain call options in a little more detail. I will just add,that Bancor not only will generate fees off, call options,but more often than not,call option holders hold on to their Bancor tokens when the contract expires,because why not? They will then be looking to put those tokens to use,say in 1 of your many pools.

Also Bancor holders who create tokens, can sell them for immediate profits. Its a win for Bancor and for holders of Bancor tokens.

As far as vBTN, we certainly can accommodate that,however UMA KPI options could be the ticket there.

My understanding is that the call options would be listed on Bancor similar to how xSushi options are listed on Sushiswap and the UNI options are listed on Uniswap. We would work with the UMA team on getting the options contract setup with input from our side about certain parameters (strike price and expiry date). Once that’s done, we would be able to mint call options and they would then be paired with BNT on Bancor via a regular v1 style pool (BNT-BNTcXX-####).

1 Like

Thats how it would go Glenn thank you for explaining that.

Interesting. Has anyone looking into the volume these tokens are generating on other exchanges?

I think there is huge demand on vBNT options.

1 Like

How many BNT would you like the protocol to mint to cover this?