Tool to calculate how much BNT must rise vs. TKN to fix deficit

Hi everyone

Bancor once prided itself for being a DEX where people should not be worried about impermanent loss (IL). Many users were attracted to Bancor for this reason.

It is safe to say that calculating IL is a pain, confusing for most regular users, including myself. I’d even dare to say most users don’t know how to calculate IL properly at all.

Ironically all Bancor users who are now stuck with a deficit have to become an expert in calculating IL.

For every user it is important to know at which price BNT/TKN should be to be out of the woods.

Example:
If you are on Bancor V3 with some WBTC locked, with a deficit of for example -60%, that apparently doesn’t mean that WBTC has to rise 150% to be completely out of the woods. No, because IL is a b*tch. It isn’t that simple. Apparently WBTC has to rise way more.

A better example maybe:
In the Bancor Telegram chat Ant’s deficit only went from -77% to -71% while BNT rose more than 50% vs USD. (He is in WNXM, more or less a wrapper of ETH according to him)

I don’t believe it is right for telling users to go figure this all out themselves with some third-party Dune tools.

Can we have a discussion about this?

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a tool by Bancor, like a slider, telling you at what price BNT has to be vs. TKN, telling you how much you would get back from the protocol?

1 Like