SourceCred Discussion

This is a great idea. This seems related to the voter engagement thread. Hopefully voter rewards can turn Bancor holders into engaged voters while SourceCred compensation turns engaged voters into core contributors. At some point we tie in marketing to turn uninformed crypto holders into Bancor holders and the pipeline is fully functional.

edit: I just read this comment from a recommended Maker thread.

I’m relatively new here but I was surprised at how much DAI I received last month. Personally, I think SourceCred overpays casual community members like me. I like posting here and I’m not gonna turn down free money but I’d probably contribute exactly the same way even if I received 10 DAI a month or 100 DAI a month. Small amounts as a thank you gesture are sometimes better. There is a point where the community growth and participation becomes inorganic and it becomes tempting to post without adding real value, just to earn DAI.

The kind of behavior this person describes is something I see constantly on r/CryptoCurrency for moons for example (don’t @ me, it’s just reddit). I think the reward to governance far outweighs the potential downside of this behavior, but I was wondering @ccc if you have seen bad behavior like this on Maker? Posts just to “mine” DAI?

3 Likes