This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on Monday 24th May 2021 at 12:00 pm UTC
- Proposal to whitelist OPIUM.
- Proposed co-investment is 150,000 BNT.
- There are no apparent security concerns that would prohibit whitelist status.
- There is no reason to doubt the legitimacy of the Opium project.
OPIUM token address: 0x888888888889c00c67689029d7856aac1065ec11
The Opium team is public and it is presented on the Opium Protocol website. OPIUM does not have an elastic supply, or rebase mechanism. The OPIUM contracts do not have permissions that grant administrators unrestricted mint/burn capabilities. Fully based on OpenZeppelin implementation of ERC20. The OPIUM token supply is fixed at 100,000,000, of which 6,546,977 are in current circulation. The contracts and addresses with the highest concentration of OPIUM tokens are predominantly the Opium Active Users fund, Investors, advisors and Opium Team token vesting contract and Governance Reserve Fund. Read more about these allocations here.
Opium is a universal and robust protocol that allows for creating, settling, and trading decentralized derivatives on Ethereum. Opium allows combining an oracle with a financial instrument. Every position is represented by a token that can be traded, sent or stored in cold wallets. Opium Exchange, built on Opium Protocol, is an open trading platform for virtually all synthetic derivatives. Swap Rate is a platform built on Opium Protocol where you can hedge against or speculate on the interest rate fluctuations in DeFi lending and borrowing. Anyone can create synthetic derivatives on Opium Exchange via the listing form or build on Opium Protocol - it’s open-source! The latest product built on opium Protocol is Opium Insurance—a user-friendly solution for buying and selling risk protection (such as smart contract exploits, credit default events, stablecoin custodian insolvency, impermanent loss, price volatility, SAFT risk and, off-chain risks).
The Opium Protocol requires active and decentralized governance of certain parameters to evolve the protocol for the benefit of the community. This, in turn, results in the creation of relevant decentralized derivative contracts with sufficient liquidity — which attracts more users to the Opium ecosystem. The governance model is based on a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO). $OPIUM token holders interact with the DAO by proposing and casting votes on governance proposals, which influence the Opium Protocol and the behavior of its stakeholders. More on tokenomics here.
Opium is active on Telegram, Discord and WeChat. The Opium Team also operates official Twitter and YouTube accounts. Activity on GitHub is frequent. The team and advisors are presented on the Opium Protocol website. Andrey Belyakov, the founder and CEO of Opium is the project’s main spokesperson.
Opium Protocol has been audited two times since 2020, by reputable auditors:
- OPIUM price at the time of writing is $6.25
- All-time high: $23.01 (4th February 2021)
- All-time low: $3.64 (28th January, 2021)
- Price 90 days ago: $14.08
- 6,546,977 tokens in circulation
- 100,000,000 maximum supply
- The current market capitalization is $35,866,783
- The OPIUM token is available on MXC and decentralized exchanges: 1inch Liquidity Protocol and SushiSwap
- The deepest pool on DEXes is 1inch Liquidity Protocol ETH<>OPIUM pair with $4,500,000 in liquidity and with $80,000 average volume
- Most of the volumes are on MXC, but the liquidity there is lower than on DEXes
- The 24-hour spot volumes range from $500,000 to $3,000,000
- Opium Team will advertise the listing
- Opium Team plans to launch joint liquidity mining program to increase the liquidity in the upcoming pool