Proposal to Whitelist DIP

BancorDAO Whitelist Proposal for DIP

This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on Monday 26th April 2021 at 12:00 pm UTC.

TL;DR

• Proposal to whitelist DIP.
  • Proposed co-investment is 20,000 BNT.
  • There are no apparent security concerns that would prohibit whitelist status.
  • There is no reason to doubt the legitimacy of the Etherisc project.
  • The benefit to Bancor is clear.

DIP token address: 0xc719d010b63e5bbf2c0551872cd5316ed26acd83

Project Website: https://etherisc.com/

Token Security

DIP does not have an elastic supply or rebase mechanism. The Etherisc contracts do not have permissions that grant administrators unrestricted mint/burn capabilities. The DIP token supply is fixed at 1,000,000,000, of which 184,931,488 are in current circulation. The address with the highest concentration of DIP tokens is held by a Decentralized Insurance Foundation based in Switzerland which is supervised by Swiss foundation authority. The other high addresses are team members and held for support, currently selling ~287,000 every two months.

The team wallets and vesting contracts are discussed here.

Project

The Ethersic project is building a platform for decentralized insurance applications. Where users can create a platform full of opportunities across the industry’s value chain.

Corporates, large and small, not-for-profit groups, and insurtech startups can all come

together to provide better products and services. They aim to use blockchain technology

to help make the purchase and sale of insurance more efficient, enable lower

operational costs, provide greater transparency into the industry, and democratize

access to reinsurance investments.

Tokenomics

Etheriscs native token, DIP (ERC20), is required to access, and participate in risk pools. Etherisc will build an economic space for decentralized insurance.The space will have a broad set of participants, customers, service providers, risk carriers, etc., the goal is to incentivize these participants to cooperate and behave well, and in line with the interests of the whole space. Designed the protocol tokens to bind participants to the platform and to assure the quality of the provided services. They are effectively implementing what is known as “Staking”, focusing on the specifics of the risk transfer.

Community and Communication

Etherisc is active on Telegram. The Etherisc team also operates official Twitter and YouTube accounts. Activity on GitHub is relatively active, with the latest update 3hrs ago. The development team and advisors are presented on the team tab on the Etherisc website. Trello is available for tracking progress. Christoph Mussenbrock, the co-founder, and Michiel Berendeis have been the project’s main spokespeople. The Etherisc website includes a mailing address in Germany and a contact e-mail:

• Mailing, Etherisc GmbH, Ruth-Drexel-Str. 154, 81927 MĂĽnchen, Germany
  • Contact email, [email protected]

Available Audits

No available audits at this time. No products have launched, their first expected product is Flight Delay with the community’s rough expectation this year. The Dapp has been tested at Devcon2 with some lessons learned, and mentioned by Cointelegraph at Devcon3.

Market and Trading Data

Etherisc DIP Token Price $0.2625

Price Change

24h

$0.006776

2.65%

24h Low / 24h High

$0.238 /

$0.2744

Trading Volume

24h

$1,022,218.92

7.32%

Volume / Market Cap 0.02101

Market Dominance 0.00%

Market Rank #595

Etherisc DIP Token Market Cap

Market Cap $48,657,616.42

2.85%

Fully Diluted Market Cap $263,111,581.41

2.85%

Etherisc DIP Token Price Yesterday

Yesterday’s Low / High

$0.2456 /

$0.28

Yesterday’s Open / Close

$0.2795 /

$0.259

Yesterday’s Change

7.35%

Yesterday’s Volume $1,100,808.22

Etherisc DIP Token Price History

7d Low / 7d High

$0.238 /

$0.3229

30d Low / 30d High

$0.1584 /

$0.4711

90d Low / 90d High

$0.1112 /

$0.4711

52 Week Low / 52 Week High

$0 /

$0.4711

All Time High

Mar 29, 2021 (20 days ago) $0.4711

44.15%

All Time Low

Oct 23, 2020 (6 months ago) No Data

Etherisc DIP Token ROI

316.9%

Etherisc DIP Token Supply

Circulating Supply 184,931,489 DIP

Total Supply 1,000,000,000 DIP

Max Supply 1,000,000,000 DIP

3 Likes

Proposal looks good to me and projects looks sound. I think we should aim for a higher co-investment limit given the current liquidity for the DIP-ETH pair on Uniswap:

I think a 250K BNT co-investment limit makes more sense so that we can have comparable pool to Uniswap if it fill up completely. It would open up roughly 1.75M in single sided liquidity for the DIP side with BNT at $7. It is also typically what we have done for other projects and I think the community would support it.

3 Likes

i agree with raising the co-invest, 250k sounds like a good number.

1 Like

Agreed - but this token has failed at least three times to get whitelisted. The hope is that dropping the co-investment amount will help it through.

1 Like

I was under the impression that the last vote didn’t have a co-investment amount? I don’t feel strongly either way if we think that not adding a co-investment will give it a higher chance of succeeding.

1 Like

I think the key is just getting this whitelisted. So much volume to be had and LINK Marines love this project. There will be instant volume here and that will also take away from UNI. Win-Win. This is a no brainer and I’d love to see it pass. Not sure if the big BNT holders will vote to give it quorum, last couple tries, no huge BNT holders aside from Messi voted for or against.

1 Like

Data suggests otherwise. But correlation does not equal causation.

I any case, whitelisting first, then seeing the pool get some traction, and then increasing the co-investment is a considered approach. That said, I agree with you that a higher co-investment will be needed.

Let’s cross that bridge when we get there. DIP has been a stubborn token to get through the DAO.

1 Like