Proposal to Whitelist DIP (DEPRECATED)

ahh… thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couple questions if you don’t mind…so to be included in the snapshot, did I have to have vBNT already staked vs just holding it? and if so, how often are snapshots done?
I have vBNT and went to vote for DIP, connected my wallet and I have 0 voting power?

1 Like
  1. Yes - to vote you needed vBNT staked before the Snapshot block, which was 12,109,817, about 21 hours ago.
  2. There is only one Snapshot block per vote. In future proposals, the snapshot block will usually whatever the current block is at the time the proposal appears for voting.
  3. If you staked vBNT in the last 21 hours, the snapshot block has already passed.
1 Like

So did this get through? How do I vote the votes seems all to have closed?

I think strategically, insurance is a no brainer with Smart Contract. Who are Etherisc’s competitors?

1 Like

It didn’t.

I think we should set up a call with the etherisc team, and the author of the proposal. It seems like this needs to be re-worked, and the campaign needs to be managed a lot better.

If someone wants to help get this organized, reach out to me on TG: @MB_Richardson

2 Likes

Is the author of the proposal on telegram too, is it LilDipper? I’m new to all this sorry but happy to help if it’s just setting up a call.

1 Like

1 Like

I am not sure who is behind the proposals here, except that I am somewhat confident it is not a team-member as they are not really too focused on making a market for the token right now (for better and for worse, especially for long-term ICO investors). But the project they are most certainly working on.

In any case, I agree the campaign needs to be worked on. For instance, I voted on-chain a couple weeks ago. That failed. Last week we moved to Snapshot and there’s already been a vote on this again? Whoever proposed that new vote and went ahead with it right away messed up. Although he/she/they were encouraged to do so…

I am in favor of trying to get $DIP whitelisted, but some clarity around the new guidelines, rules, and snapshot voting would be helpful. Also @LilDipper could you please refrain from making any new proposals until we can organize this properly? I didn’t even know the move to snapshot had taken place until it was too late to vote this time around. We will just dilute the considerable interest in seeing this thing through if we keep going round for round.

P.S. to all, $DIP doubled in price in between the last seven days and volume is going up rapidly as well. Let’s capture another Chainlink favorite and do it so we all make friends and money. Lots of cross-over here.

1 Like

Maybe we add a Pool first? Still rather volume here as opposed to Uni.

2 Likes

Team were the ones that put forth the proposals on snapshot, but they were essentially pasted directly from the forums. i agree the time window should have been longer on these votes though, since we were just migrating over, but i don’t think it was so much people didn’t know about it as much as there were just too many votes on snapshots at one time. this is clear because we did see some projects hit quorum fairly quickly both in the against and for categories. I do believe we were told these votes were going to be extended for a month time while we did the switch but i might have read something wrong. etiher way we can try another vote but it’s also become clear to me that certain whales didn’t vote because they felt they did not want it to go through, so it was more productive to not vote and stop quorum rather than vote against and risk losing in the polls. I think we should maybe lower whitelisting quorum to 30%~ in order to not let whales block proposals by not voting.

1 Like

Agree, need more participation and also agree to get the pool first, I’d like to buy some DIP, but rather buy it here.

Someone does have to own the conversation both teams are too concentrated on their own projects and fairly so.

Edit: Typo

1 Like

Will be voting yes, Great idea. Untapped market imo.

2 Likes

Does bancor only whitelist tokens with at least a minimum viable product?

1 Like

Let’s get this re-written using the standard template.

@LilDipper @tenzent @atosm

1 Like