Proposal to increase the trading liquidity limit in the PSP-BNT pool to 300K BNT

Proposal to increase the trading liquidity limit in the PSP-BNT pool to 300K BNT

For this proposal to pass, it requires a 35% quorum and 66.7% supermajority.

This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on 2022-01-02T00:00:00Z. Make sure to stake your vBNT for voting before this date and time to participate in the DAO decision.

TL;DR

• The PSP-BNT pool was recently whitelisted and is currently at $1,271,300 liquidity. The Paraswap DAO agreed to allocate 1.5m PSP to provide liquidity on the PSP-BNT pool.
  • The pool currently has space for 120,508 PSP.
  • This proposal aims to increase the trading liquidity from 200k BNT to 300k BNT to open up space to increase liquidity in the pool.

Rationale

@tenzent proposed allocating a part of the Paraswap treasury to be deposited on Bancor, citing some of its biggest advantages, namely, single-sided staking and impermanent loss protection.

The proposal passed with 89.29% votes in favor of a 1.5m PSP allocation at the time of writing, and can be found on their snapshot.

The pool is now at $1,271,300 liquidity. The PSP/WETH pool on Sushiswap is the deepest source of liquidity on a DEX, at $2,583,696.64 liquidity [1]. Increase the trading limit in this pool would allow for more PSP to be staked single-sided, reducing price impact and increasing volume from aggregators.

Therefore this proposal seeks to increase the trading liquidity limit in the PSP/BNT pool from 200k BNT to 300k BNT, thus opening space for 826,775 PSP extra, with BNT at $3.24 and PSP at $0.391884. The opened space in the PSP/BNT pool would allow it to have a $1.944m liquidity if the space is filled.

FOR

Increase trading liquidity in the PSP-BNT pool for a second time to 300k BNT.

AGAINST

Keep the trading liquidity in the PSP-BNT pool at 200k BNT.

[1] WETH-PSP | SushiSwap Analytics

This proposal is incorrect. The paraswap treasury was definitely able to stake both of their allocations already:

https://app.zerion.io/0x6df5e7b236a4f14e08c27e09202b4d1865905e9b/overview

The two TX hashes are here:

With that said, I would support a larger pool regardless in order to be bigger than the current sushiswap pool which is at ~2.4m. I think increasing the trading liquidity to 400K $BNT should get us there.

1 Like

Thank you for noting this, I’ve corrected the proposal!

1 Like

I kept it at 300k BNT for now, happy to increase in the future if the opened space fills up!

2 Likes

Happy to see this and with the coming of V3 I’m sure we can expect some Dual LM coming from Paraswap.

1 Like