This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on Monday 19 July 2021 at 12:00 pm UTC
- Enable LM with a smaller than typical 5,000 BNT Per Week for 8 Weeks.
- 50/50 Split Rewards on BNT/FARM.
- Will be Put up for 8 Weeks rather than the usual 12 in order for the DAO to not overcommit.
- Goal is to grow the FARM Pool to a depth higher than UNI.
- After Becoming the Biggest Pool the Harvest Team has stated in their previous proposal they would move their buyback mechanism to bancor, giving us a guaranteed amount of upside volume.
The Harvest Team has shown great commitment, seeding the pool with an initial 500,000 USD worth of FARM. Furthermore this LM Campaign has a clear goal that is drawn from the harvest team’s original whitelisting proposal.
As such this campaign would be considered successful if the pool’s depth grew larger than that of Uniswap, which has 2,800,000 USD Worth of FARM in it. At the current depth of our pool (656,000 USD Worth of FARM) this would mean we would need to add 2,144,000 USD worth of FARM to our pool, which translates to 35,275 FARM.
Where most LM on bancor before has historically seen a flat 12 week long program and 10,000-20,000 BNT minted per week (2x Multiplier after 4 Weeks), this proposal gives the DAO a lot more flexibility to cut off inflation while at the same time lowering the emissions to as low as a sixth of that of the previous minimum. This means that compared to a typical campaign where, at the very least, we are minting 240,000 BNT this LM Event only emits 40,000 - 80,000 BNT at it’s highest.
This has been discussed extensively here and is in some ways our first test should the DAO Vote to Pass it. (Link)
5,000 BNT per week annualized on our target liquidity of 2,800,000 USD at current prices of 3.5$ per BNT translates to 34%~ APY divided between BNT and FARM (so 17% For Each Side). This APY was targeted specifically because it mirrors the incentives on Harvest’s ETH/FARM Uniswap Pair. Assuming we are successful in siphoning both the liquidity of this pair and the volume from the Buy-Back mechanism there should be no reason why the incentives should not be instead moved into Bancor.
Farmers in the ETH/FARM Pool will no longer suffer from impermanent loss, on top of this their yield will be further diversified into BNT which can be compounded back into the pool or others to earn great yields. All ETH/FARM LPs will also no longer be forced to cut their position in half with ETH and will be free to use the other half of their position in other things or simply have a larger share of FARM all while earning trading fees and LM Incentives (and perhaps harvest’s own incentives ?).
This campaign should be considered successful if :
- The pool’s depth grew larger than that of Uniswap, which has 2,800,000 USD Worth of FARM in it (35K Farm at current Prices).
- The FARM Buyback Mechanism is moved over to Bancor.
- Optional : Would be nice to see Harvest move their FARM incentives over to the Bancor Pool from Uniswap, or some other form of reciprocity.
- FOR - 8 Weeks / 5,000 BNT per Week.
- AGAINST - No LM Rewards