Proposal: only DAO can receive vortex rewards

@yudi i updated the proposal to state that we MAY simply set the recipient if it results in a better implementation

3 Likes

Awesome, can you update the title too?

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that bots verify the rewards potential before execution, otherwise they are already taking a risk.
Implementation wise, allowing anyone to trigger it is the easier way to do it of course.

1 Like

sure, happy to leave the implementation open as itā€™s not important to the outcome

3 Likes

Moving to Level 2 as this is expected on Snapshot today

1 Like

This proposal seems to have support from the community but didnā€™t hit quorum (32% of the way there). I see that even the automaton didnā€™t vote in this round (@mbr FYI). I am guessing, it could have been due to low voter awareness. @thedavidmeister perhaps we can bring up this proposal again in two weeks (In August) for the Bancor DAO to vote on it again?

https://vote.bancor.network/#/proposal/0xc574c06a982d41c82d287bb8ff8595ba48ed456c1d66740bc0289d5082fda981

2 Likes

@glenn yes lets keep submitting it until it is voted in or someone gives a reason why we shouldnā€™t do it

1 Like

im in favor of this. has my vote. DAO claims the rewards that anons would have received? I do not see any reason why this was never implemented in the first place.

This change may not solve our current situation, but it may be a small piece in the long run towards a stronger protocol and healthier DAO.

that being said, once the treasury becomes large enough, this may become another factor why an individual should accumulate BNT.

good idea @thedavidmeister

4 Likes

New date set for this proposal thatā€™s roughly two weeks out.

Moving this back to L1 until the 14th

This should go up this Sunday.

@ZenoBNT Raised some interesting points that might be relevant here.

If the vortex is triggered less often, there will be some value loss to slippage and arbs.

@foxsteven thatā€™s talking about the ratio and slippage and it has more to do with liquidity than frequency technically

thatā€™s a whole rabbit hole conversation

I voted no on this because we havenā€™t established the treasury yet & it requires commissioning a bot to be effective.

Iā€™m completely open to revisiting this in the future once we have established a treasury, with a plan to create the infrastructure.

2 Likes