Proposal: Extend LM Rewards on SNX Pool

For LM, the split is typically 70% on the BNT side and 30% on the TKN side.

The rewards for LM that an LP receives don’t exist until until you claim them. My understanding is that when the claim happens, that at that point in time we mint the BNT.

I personally support moving LM to another community (see my compound proposal) since we already have had 24 weeks of rewards for the SNX pool. Typically with LM rewards, fees play a role in the decision on whether we should renew but sometimes it is strategic for us to invest in certain pools where and when it make sense (e.g. to bring awareness to the Maker community while we were going through the collateral onboarding process, LM rewards for the harvest community with the goal of having their buyback program targeted towards Bancor, incentivizing the NXM pool while Nexus Mutual was onboarding Bancor as a platform that you can purchase insurance for (the more people staking against our smart contract the lower the premiums), etc…)

Perhaps someone can make a good case for possible collaboration between us and the Synthetix community (I am not an SNX holder)? FYI, a quick look at the stats on Synthetix shows the following for staking SNX on their end:

@mbr It might make sense to potentially have two proposals on snapshot for this renewal. One proposal at the current rate and a separate proposal with the rewards cut in half (similar to what was done a few weeks ago for the vote on increasing the fees for the vortex burner). It would be nice to use RCV here (a proposal with different choices for rewards rate i.e. 50% reduction, 25% reduction, current rate, against, etc… ) but there isn’t really an easy way for us to use RCV since a choice is consider a winner if if it has majority support (> 50%, which is problematic for our supermajority requirements).

FYI, I added the following extra point to the TL;DR:

2a. There might be a separate proposal that reduces the rewards in half for this pool with the existing conditions left in place.

1 Like