This proposal is expected to appear on Snapshot for voting on 2022-04-30T23:00:00Z. Make sure to stake your vBNT for voting before this date and time to participate in the DAO decision.
For this proposal to pass, it requires a 20% quorum and 66.7% supermajority.
- This proposal seeks to increase the pool fees on the FODL pool from 0.2% to 0.3%.
- An increased pool fee will help siphon more profits from arbitrageurs to the protocol and most likely not affect volume therefore increasing APYs for the LPs in the pool.
The FODL pools with deepest liquidity in Ethereum DEXes are:
The FODL/USDC 0.3% SushiSwap pool with $5,229,680.09 liquidity, and $103,555.89 daily volume .
The FODL/WETH 0.3% SushiSwap pool with $4,387,297.68 liquidity, and $88,149.61 daily volume .
The FODL 0.2% Bancor pool with $2,123,999.38 liquidity, and $41,587 daily volume .
Experiments and changes in fees should happen for tokens that Bancor dominates in liquidity. We have learned that we can have higher fees on pools where we have the largest moat (e.g. wNXM, AMP, TRAC, etc…). The reasons to pursue a higher fee in the FODL pool are:
- Increasing the pool fee will help siphon more profits from arbitrageurs to the protocol.
- Other major FODL liquidity sources also have a 0.3% fee.
The FODL pool’s weekly volume and fees since the beginning of the year are shown in Figures 1 and 2.
Figure 1 - Weekly FODL pool volume since the beginning of February.
Figure 2 - Weekly FODL pool fees since the beginning of February.
An increase in the FODL pool fees should lead to higher APY for LPs and the protocol.
- Increase the pool fee in the FODL pool from 0.2% to 1%.
- Keep the pool fee in the FODL pool at 0.2%.