Consolidating recent proposals by @alphavalion

This idea of bailing out individuals pools has been ACTIVELY discussed multiple times since the death spiral that occurred last year. Bancorians have always voted to buy BNT and burn in order to equally reduced the deficit across all pools without any special treatment to any pool. You will NOT find any support from me and I hope NOT from other BNT voters that care about the health of the Bancor protocol and ALL LPs.

There is only two proposals that I will support and that is ETH-LST to boot strap Carbon or BNT buyback and burn via Carbon. The ETH LST idea should yield about 5% from ETH staking alone without counting any fees from the volume it generates and returns from buying low and selling high. BNT buyback and burn has many problems including front running so any proposal looking to do that should spread the buyback over the course of MANY months and NEVER buy at the spot price.

What slow grind? Since I started my proposal in May to sunset Bancor 3, the Bancor DAO has been able to close over 40 pools in this time frame and everyday we are burning more BNT than before.

Proposal to start sunsetting Bancor V3 - LEVEL 1 Under Review - Bancor Governance Forum

The sentiment of the link “marines” or any other groups is the least of my concern. Bancorians at this point should not be faced by any of these individuals and instead I trust will do what’s right for the Bancor protocol and ALL LPs as they have done before.

1 Like