Bancor Improvement Proposal ETH/BNT Fee to 0.15%

We should be really careful here since this pool is typically the first hop for many of the trades that occur on our DEX (an assumption on my end given that we operate on the Ethereum network and most people use ETH). E.g. people typically go from ETH → BNT → TKN and at most you are doing two hops. We have to take into account the overall fee because higher fees in the first hop means that the overall transaction will also go up. If I have to take a guess, I think that this trading pair has a lower fee for that specific reason since you do end up paying .3% in the overall transaction (the majority of our secondary pools have a .2% fee) and that puts us in the same ball park as other DEXes.

With that said, not to discourage the OP but typically for these types of proposals we should be holding ourselves to a higher standard (See Bancor Improvement Proposals in A Guide to BancorDAO Due Process) and the onus should be on the proposer to gather supporting documentation, analysis, metrics, expected outcomes, etc… for these types of proposals. We can’t expect the community to make an informed decision without any supporting data.

3 Likes