Proposal to extend LM on AAVE for an additional 12 weeks

I am not necessarily opposed to extending LM rewards for Aave but I don’t think the argument made here (matic rewards for Aave depositors in polygon would syphon liquidity from us) is a good one. Even with the current LM rewards ongoing on our end, the token amount in the Bancor pool peaked on the week of 3/22 with ~54799.91 Aave tokens:

and right now there are ~48461 Aave tokens on the contract. In dollar amounts, that’s roughly a peak value of ~24.7M on 3/22 to ~18.5M at the moment or roughly a ~6M drop in liquidity:

With that said, I looked at the current rewards offered to Aave depositors on 0xPolygon and it is currently at ~15.99% (has dropped from 22%) and as mentioned by others here, will continue to decrease as people move liquidity there. Our current LM rewards on the Aave side is ~13.61% (I think it has hovered around this range for a while) and that’s not counting the pool APR from fees which is also good:

What I would like to see this frame as is a way for the Bancor community to build synergies with Aave holders with the end goal to potentially have BNT onboarded on Aave (@mbr are we working on this?). Obviously, having the support of Aave community and their holders would be crucial in this endeavor.

3 Likes