Proposal: Extend LM Rewards on wBTC Pool For 12 Weeks (Attempt #2)

I’m not a LINK marine, but I believe LINK is just as important. If you look at Bancor’s marketing messages, they often focus on the attractive opportunity BNT provides for LINK holders.

Also, take a look at the Analytics page in the app (Dune Analytics). The Volume Share chart near the top is DEX share for ETH/LINK. I have seen this chart all over social media and crypto articles/videos. It highlights how Bancor is taking the majority of ETH/LINK transactions over Uniswap and Sushi.

The reason why this chart is so important is it gives others who are not involved in Bancor a glimpse of what is possible. They think, “if BNT can be the majority DEX for LINK, why not for other tokens?” I’ve also seen some outlets suggest that the chart shows Bancor vs. other DEXs for all swaps!

I don’t think we should take for granted how important that chart is in enlightening others about Bancor.

2 Likes

True - also very important.

1 Like

Update

• The consensus on the community call and the team’s opinion was that setting the duration for 12 weeks is sensible.
  • This duration would also allow the DAO to direct its focus to other proposals, such as whitelisting and coinvestment quorum and supermajority requirements update as well as setting the guidelines for a delegation system.
  • With a long enough duration, it is a guaranteed that we will have more information on Bancor V3 to make a better decision in the next round of extension votes.
  • The stablecoin LM rewards extension is set to 8 weeks to keep liquidity in these pools for Bancor V3. These rewards are more controversial as the stablecoin pools incur higher IL protection costs, so the duration of the extension is shorter than 12 weeks to invite another debate sooner and independently from the rest of the pools, should the proposal pass. More information then should be available.
1 Like