Proposal: Extend LM Rewards on Stable Coin Pools (USDT, USDC, DAI) For 8 Weeks

When these pools came up for renewal two cycles ago, we had cut the rewards in half for the stable coin pools. The thread where this was discussed is the following:

After that renewal, we also had another follow up renewal as part of:

Neither @MichalHerzyk or @mbr had any comments regarding the emissions on the stable coin pools in the most recent renewal and I think we have largely curtailed the unsustainability levels that we had originally. I will let them chime in here in case they have any thoughts (and would be happy to modify this proposal with any of their feedback) about the emissions on these pools.

While this proposal is seeking an 8 week extension, there is a caveat that it can be ended at any time. This is in the spirit of the previous proposals should shadow pools come along and replace these pools completely. I get the sense that this is very close to completion and also why I opted for a shorter duration (8 weeks) as was done previously.

With that said, we don’t have much time at the moment to get this renewal done. We have 2 days after submission before it goes on snapshot and then it is another ~4 days of voting. That’s cutting it very close to this proposal not passing before the timer expires. If it does expire, then rewards for these pools will most likely not be turned back on until the current development backlog gets cleared. My understanding is that once an LM campaign expires, that it is a lot more difficult to renew and requires a contract migration essentially.

With that said, I think if the community does want to have a discussion about the emissions on the stable coin pools then that should start to happen now so that for the upcoming renewal we get feedback from individuals about how we want to approach future renewals. This might all be moot should shadow pools be released before then.

3 Likes