How to increase voter turnout

Yes, I see. My comment about the airdrop was in relation to previous ideas in this thread about voting rewards being airdrop (nothing to do with how sabier distributes funds) but I think we have shifted that to rewards being claimed by the user instead. This will give us some advantages:

1. Discourages splitting vBNT across multiple wallets (since you are paying fees to stake and to claim)
  2. Some potential integration with letting you restake your rewards directly into Bancor (we get to lock that liquidity directly into the platform)
  3. Potentially integrating with your “rewards” wallet so that if you do withdraw then you could lose your multiplier on BNT rewards

I think this is a great platform for the specific use case of paying project contributors in a controlled manner. I am not sure it’s best suited to what we are looking to accomplish (voter incentives) but would love to hear other members opinion to see if this make sense? As you touch, there could be some potential snags with Sabier in that it lends out the funds to compound (for which BNT is not acceptable form of collateral yet) until they are ready to be claimed. Even if we could opt out of that, I am not sure the advantages trump keeping voter incentives rewards in Bancor. (for reasons above) Note that the Bancor team is working on boarding BNT as a form of collateral on Maker and Aave (my guess is that compound would come after).

1 Like