Draft Proposal: Use Ranked Choice Voting for Duration and BNT Reward Rates of Liquidity Mining Campaigns

Appreciate all the feedback. This proposal is still in very early stages and needs more polishing.

Yes, some background here for others from our initial LM campaigns:

Large-cap pools receive 100,000–200,000 BNT per week;
mid-cap pools receive 10,000–20,000 BNT per week.

The pools which we consider large cap are the BTC, ETH, and LINK pools. The stable pools also started with large cap rewards but have since been reduced twice (I don’t think the latest reduction has gone into effect yet). I think we considered pools with over 50M in liquidity as large cap and anything below that as Mid/Low cap tokens.

There is more details in the initial LM proposal: Proposal: Liquidity Mining

I also think that this is a good starting baseline for any new LM campaigns. This will let the program end sooner if the pool is not performing to our standards rather than it being prolonged for longer than 4 weeks. An extension can still be brought up to the DAO and we can decide based on the data whether it makes sense to extend the LM campaign or not.

:+1:

I am 100% on board and wanted to start small (targeting LM campaigns first to gauge any impact) but I think if we polish this proposal then we can expand this to other proposals as well.

Yes, I don’t think this proposal is no where near its final form yet and we can discuss as a community what the final framework should be.

1 Like