(DEPRECATED) (BIP) Reallocate 50% of Vortex Burner vBNT for Bancor Brand Awareness Campaigns

I see it as making the process more transparent and also in the spirit of decentralization. At the moment, I am not even sure how someone goes about making a pitch to the Bancor Foundation about getting their idea funded or become a recipient of a grant. The idea of the BCF is to make that process more transparent and potentially have those individuals pitch their ideas via our governance forums, some other medium (online web form), etc… Ultimately, I still think that the Bancor foundation would participate in the process but additionally they will have the help of the community as well.

There is some precedent from MKR doing something similar with their DAO:

This is also why I think this proposal needs to be developed. We know that @tfns mentioned coinbase earn which has been brought up previously as well. Coinbase earn appears to be cost prohibitive but something like rabbithole (also mentioned here) could potentially be better (I think this is more in the spirit of DeFi as well). @tenzent has brought up brave ads which I also think would be a good way to use funds for brand awareness.

Ultimately, I think this proposal has quite a few components and should be split up. I think the first step is to gauge the community interest and whether they would want proceed with a brand Awareness campaign (simple yes/no snapshot vote, we don’t even have to worry about funding at this stage). If the results are favorable, then the next steps would be to figure out how it is going to be funded (we print BNT to a multisig, collect fees from swaps and divert them to to a multisig, reach out to the Bancor Foundation to see if they can help, etc…). Next steps would be to brainstorm different ideas for brand awareness campaign and narrow it down to a few candidates (we can create a poll in governance and ultimately narrow it down to a few options that can go up for vote on snapshot). Once that happens we can proceed with the option that the DAO finds more attractive.

1 Like