(BIP9 ADDENDUM) The Bancor Vortex vBNT Burner: Proposal to Switch to a Flat Burn Rate

You are correct, sir.
Research into gas optimization is ongoing. As you point out, our L2 deployment could skirt around some of these issues, but as we are expecting to remain heavily on L1, gas concerns are a constant concern. It is too early to say anything concrete, but the last conversation I had with the dev team was very positive about re: gas increases. It should be fairly minor.
The vBNT/BNT swap strategy is of course something we need to keep discussing. Referring to the swap APR, our targets are still high. The % taken from swap rvenue can be adjusted any time by the DAO; there is no way we will let it become an undue burden on the ecosystem. Remember the goal here is managing the token supply - outsourcing that to the market is a pretty cool way to go about it.
Including vBNT as part of Maker’s accepted collateral is 100% a good idea. I think the token is too young for them to take it seriously right now. Remember, we need to establish a market for it first, and the Vortex and the vBNT fee burner are part of that process. Long-term, I would like to see vBNT accepted at Maker and Aave.

4 Likes