Proposal to Whitelist FET (Fetch.ai)

Proposal to Whitelist Fetch.ai with a co-investment limit of 1M BNT

Contract address: 0xaea46A60368A7bD060eec7DF8CBa43b7EF41Ad85

Project Website: Fetch.ai

Project Documentation: https://fetch.ai/technology/

Proposed co-investment limit: 1,000,000 BNT

Discussion

Fetch.ai is building technology to power the machine-to-machine economy. This includes a novel blockchain and a generic framework for building off-chain protocols using techniques from multi-agent systems. This agent framework can be used for oracles, interchain transfers, state channels and many other applications and is tightly integrated with the Fetch ledger.

The principal goal of the Fetch.ai ecosystem is to deliver a fully autonomous, agent-based digital economy. The Fetch.ai technology stack is built using principles derived from a branch of artificial intelligence known as multi-agent systems. This approach involves solving different problems from the bottom-up by creating individual autonomous software agents that perform actions in the world to accomplish their individual objectives. By combining the actions of multiple agents, it is possible to achieve outcomes that would not be possible with centralized architectures because the environments are too complex, are spatially distributed or involve multiple stakeholders. Blockchain technology involves the design of incentives to successfully coordinate the actions of multiple disinterested parties to achieve a common goal, and can already be seen as the world’s most successful implementation of multi-agent systems. Fetch.ai is working to generalize and extend the results from this established research field into new domains in finance, supply chain, mobility, smart cities and IoT applications.

Tokenomics

Token Name: Fet

Token Type: ERC-20

Seed Sale Date: 2017 to June 2018

Seed Sale Allocation: 5.24% of Total Supply

Private Sale Date: 3rd April -10th July 2018

Private Sale Allocation 6.38% of Total Supply

FET Token Distrubtuion:

Token Release Schedule:

Fetch.AI tokens can be used for many purposes, the largest six of which are:

Ability to connect agents and nodes to the network

FET is an access deposit token that acts as a form of stake to demonstrate desire to behave appropriately. It modulates the ability for bad actors to flood the network with undesirable nodes or agents due to the escalating cost of doing so. Fetch.AI are performing modelling and simulations on their testnets (both public and private) during the first half of 2019 to determine what this stake should be.

FET has plenty of current use cases, not something that is just getting started.

See here Use cases | Fetch.ai

Value exchange between agents

The Fetch.AI token is required in order to allow for two agents, regardless of where they are, to perform a value exchange. The Fetch.AI token is infinitely divisible, thereby supporting transactions that have very low monetary value, but in aggregate provide new and profound level of insight and opportunity.

Access to search and discovery, and advertisement services

Fetch.AI tokens are needed to access, view and interact with the Fetch.AI search engine. This is a space optimized for autonomous digital entities, providing dynamic and autonomous price setting and negotiation.

Access to Fetch’s multi-dimensional digital world

Fetch.AI tokens allow agents to view and explore its digital space geographically, semantically or economically. Some of these detailed views involve considerable computing time and communications between many nodes. These more resource intensive operations will require more tokens. Fetch’s AI and ML constantly restructure this world to optimize each agent’s individual view.

Ability to access and develop ledger-based AI/ML algorithms

The Fetch.AI token enables development of and access to a broad range of machine learning and artificial intelligence tasks that are available on the ledger. These may be Fetch-developed primary services such as trust and prediction models, or they may be large-scale independently developed services for network users.

For exchange into Fetch’s operational fuel

Operation costs in Fetch.AI are decoupled from the Fetch.AI token in a similar way to that of “gas” on the Ethereum network, but with additional functionality designed to increase the stability of such a fuel and look at addressing issues associated with high and low-velocity economies. Fetch’s operational fuel allows access to processor time for contract execution and services for agents.

Community and Communication

FETCH’s Community and communication has been steadily growing.

Their telegram has 10264 members at the writing of this post.

Their Github is fairly active, with constant on going development at around 31156 contributions.

Telegram (English)

Telegram (Chinese)

Twitter (English)

Medium

Reddit

Available Audits

Certik Audit linked here.

Showing good and healthy metrics.

Market and Trading Data

Fetch’s price at the time of writing is .42. It’s all-time high was .43 8 hours ago. (3rd March 2021), and its all-time low was $0.008 (13th March, 2020). There are 746,113,681 FET tokens in circulation, of a 1,152,997,575 maximum supply. The current market capitalization is $$313,213,586. The FET token is available on major exchanges, including Binance, Bitfinex.

Current 24 hour volume is at around 55 million USD.

4 Likes

This is a well-constructed proposal, and I appreciate the effort it took to create it.

As far as I can tell, there are no obvious vulnerabilities to the protocol associated with the whitelisting of Fetch. The token distribution is good, and the project overall seems to have earned legitimacy and trust from the wider cryptocurrency community. I look forward to seeing this proposal among the first to go to a DAO decision on Snapshot.

1 Like

if mark supports it it has my support.

2 Likes

Excited for the Snapshot!

3 Likes

It would be great if I could. I have been following FET for over a year and it has done quite well

2 Likes

I doubt this needs 1M co-investment in BNT and I would be more comfortable with a smaller amount (250K or roughly ~2M in liquidity from our end assuming $8 price of BNT) to start. Most of the liquidity for this token is in Centralized exchanges with a small amount in Uniswap/1inch:

The MTLX-FET pair which has the most liquidity is due to an ongoing liquidity mining program and I don’t think those folks will be looking to move that over to Bancor (due to the incentivizes that they are getting). I think we will have a greater chance of moving the folks in the FET-ETH pools which which would bring roughly $250K in FET liquidity.

1 Like

Fair comment. It seems that a bunch of the new whitelist proposals are being negotiated down to a 200K BNT co-investment limit. This might be a good default number to start most most proposals off with.

2 Likes