Proposal: Remove Primordial Pool Rewards instead of reallocating

The rough rate we are looking at with auto-compounding turned on for BNT is 10%~

Maybe we can get around this in a happy medium by instead of minting 980K BNT we shift them from Auto Compounding Rewards so that we’re left with 29M BNT Instead. That way we are also staying true to our original BNT Rewards budget. Tokenomics proposals definitely should be put under a bit more scrutiny perhaps we should have a longer waiting period on BIPs.

Furthermore I think we can also reach some sort of less inflationary but just as impactful amount of rewards for token LPs. Out of the 980K BNT Which we could deduct from the auto-compounding mechanism to still be net neutral we could allocate the same amount of rewards as before just over a one month period after which the Bancor Network I assume should be fully operational.

If we honor the first month of LM using the proposed to BNT We’re left with 740,000 BNT for BNT Stakers and 240,000 to Token LPs. Personally I think we could also remove Stables from the list. This would also stay more or less within the 75:25 Split mentioned in BIP-18.

3 Likes